From the Comfort of Your Home
Embrace the start of sweater weather with a delicious warm drink from the comfort of your home. This homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte will give those fancy coffee shops a run for their money (and leave a few extra dollars in your pocket)!
This simple recipe combines pumpkin, vanilla and cinnamon—the perfect fall flavors. It can be whipped up in 10 minutes or less and will fill your home with the soothing aromas of warmed spices. The best part is you never have to change out of your pajamas. Give this tasty fall drink a try, and it may become your go-to for all those chilly months to come.
- 2 cups of milk
- 4 tablespoons of pure pumpkin puree
- 2-3 tablespoons of sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice blend, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of strong brewed coffee or hot espresso
- sweetened whip cream (for garnish)
- cinnamon sticks (for garnish)
- whole cloves (for garnish)
Step 1. Combine the milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract in a saucepan.
Step 2. Place over medium heat until hot, but don’t boil.
Step 3. Whisk milk mixture vigorously until it’s foamy, about 30 seconds.
Step 4. Pour coffee or espresso into 2 large mugs.
Step 5. Divide the milk mixture and pour each half into the mugs.
Step 6. Top with whipped cream and add a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice, cloves and cinnamon sticks for garnish.