a gift guide for your VIPs
Thinking about lifestyle profiles for the people on your nice list helps you find the perfect presents. If you have a few dear ones who deserve a special gift (or two), we’ve done some of the legwork for you. Check out some of the year’s top gift ideas and have fun shopping! We’ve included websites for a few local favorites.
Roseanne. Fit and Fashionable.
Finding the perfect gift for your friend who is both fit and fashionable doesn’t have to be overwhelming. Whether you are shopping with a $20 gift exchange spending limit or you only buy for your best gal friend and can splurge a bit, we have some great options for you. From moisture-wicking workout socks to a post-workout athleisure wrap, Roseanne finds a way to look good before and after her workout. Give her a gift that’s both sensible and indulgent … kind of like she is!
• Moisture-wicking workout socks from Twin Cities Running
• Level 5 Half Zip Baselayer Top from Title Nine
• Vinyasa Scarf Rulu from Lululemon Athletica
• Eddie Bauer Bygone Duffel
• Amazing Grace Skin Firming Lotion from Sephora
Grace. A Busy College Sophmore.
Gracie, as her friends call her, is in her second year of college and headed toward a degree in nursing. She lives in the dorms and she and her roommate need to make use of every square inch of their living space. Her rigorous class schedule, a weekly volunteer commitment at the Boys and Girls Club and an on-campus job as a student health advocate make for incredibly busy days. Gracie starts her day with a hot cup of coffee and breakfast on the run and often isn’t back in her room until late at night. The life of a college student is fast-paced, fun and stressful all at the same time.
• Clarisonic Mia electronic facial cleanser from Associated Skin Care Specialists AssociatedSkinCare.com
• Sota apparel at Willa June ShopWillaJune.com.
• A leather bag and necklace from Able (gifts with a purpose), many styles available at Willa June
• Personalized Yeti 20oz Stainless Steel Hot/Cold Tumbler
Jean. She’s passionate about cooking.
Jean never needs a recipe and she’s fearless about whipping up a fabulous dinner for eight on the spur of the moment. Her kitchen is a gathering place for friends and family and she’s one of those hosts who makes you feel right at home. “Sunday Suppers” at Jean’s are always the best way to get ready for the week ahead. Whether she’s throwing burgers on the grill, serving up a steaming bowl of pasta with one of her signature sauces or preparing her comfort food favorite, pot roast, you know the food will be fabulous and her guests always have fun.
• Sous Vide Cooker
• Wood Trivet, handcrafted from reclaimed wood WhiteBirchHouse.com
• Glass Wine Bottle toppers inspired by vintage door knobs
• Cooking classes with the Prairie Health Companion – learn new and healthier ways to prepare your favorite foods PrairieHealthCompanion.com
• Le Creuset Signature Enameled Cast-Iron 7-1/4-Quart Round French (Dutch) Oven
Larry. In his element when he’s outside.
Larry is really most at home when he’s out of his home. A self-proclaimed “nature nut” he spends his free time hiking, exploring and enjoying anything that Minnesota weather has to offer. Whether Larry is canoeing (and fighting the mosquitos) in the Boundary Waters, hiking the Superior Hiking Trail or fat (tire) biking through the snow-covered trails we Minnesotan’s cherish, he’s got the right equipment and is ready to go.
• Minnesota Landscape Arboretum Annual Membership
• National Geographic Vintage T-Shirt
• Eagle Optics waterproof binoculars
• Warm Skin (protects your face from the elements) and liner gloves